• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to disclose this info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeisson

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My question is as follows: I currently run a marketing company whose principal market is real estate. My customers range from mortgage brokers, LO's, realtors, etc. The thing is that I myself am a Loan Originator and Real Estate Broker. Do I have to disclose to my clients that I am LO and/or Broker? I ask before I am afraid they might think I want to steal their clients because I get a client database from each. In the contract we sign it says i will not market to their customers.

HomeGuru

jeisson said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My question is as follows: I currently run a marketing company whose principal market is real estate. My customers range from mortgage brokers, LO's, realtors, etc. The thing is that I myself am a Loan Originator and Real Estate Broker. Do I have to disclose to my clients that I am LO and/or Broker? I ask before I am afraid they might think I want to steal their clients because I get a client database from each. In the contract we sign it says i will not market to their customers.

**A: yes you do so git wid da program.

MargotM3

Disclose to what clients -- the clients of your marketing company? I would think you'd have to disclose it to people you were making loans to or selling houses to or listing houses for.

I'm less sure about the marketing clients. I would think there's no ethical reason to disclose that, but there might be a practical one: seems like it would make you more qualified to help them.

HomeGuru

MargotM3 said:

Disclose to what clients -- the clients of your marketing company? I would think you'd have to disclose it to people you were making loans to or selling houses to or listing houses for.

I'm less sure about the marketing clients. I would think there's no ethical reason to disclose that, but there might be a practical one: seems like it would make you more qualified to help them.
**A: and who the heck are you? You sound like the original; poster but have a different user name. Are you the reincarnation of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">