• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

light duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njhguitar

What is the name of your state?Georgia
I was hurt at work about 2 months ago, the injury directly resulting from another employee not paying attention. The workers comp doc treated me like there was nothing wrong with me and wanted to go head and send me back to work, but I knew that somthing was not right. I had hernia surgery last summer, and the area that i was hurt in was the same that I had had my surgery. (Well let me first tell what happened. I was pinned up against a twelve inch water valve by a backhoe, because the opereator was not paying attentiion to what he was doing). with that said. I requested a second opinion, so the workers comp company let me go see my surgeon, and he ran a few tests and told me that he thought I had damage to my hernia repair. He then tokk me out of work, I wnet back after about a month and the doc, said he beleived he is going to have to do surgery to fix the problem, but he wanted me to stay out of work for another month or so and then he would determine the next course of action. But in the mean time My accident investegator claims person whatever you want to call her. has been presuring me to come back to work on light duty until I have surgery or whatever happens (light duty where I work intales just coming to the office and doing nothing from 7:30 to 4:00) she basically just wants to get me off of workers comp, but if I do that then everytime I have to be out for docs appoint or anything else of the sort I want get paid for it ( and dont get me wrong I am not by any means trying to take scam workers comp) but why would I want go on light duty when the doc says he wants me to stay homeand I can still draw a guaranted check. I guess my question is should I feal pressured into going back on light duty, even though the doc has given me and excuse to stay home? Its not like I cant do anything, I can walk and do simple things , but I am not supossed to be doing any straining, or heavy lifting. Do Ihave to go because they offer to me not to do anything on light duty?or should I just stick with the docs opinion just to stay home?
Sorry its so long but thanks for any advice.

Horse feathers! If you need the repair you need it which is not at all uncommon even without an additional incident to that area. All this month to month crap is just that. I'd get a Doctor and have this taken care of NOW as additonal time can do you further harm.

Could it be the good doc is afraid if you are opened back up now that the error will be found to be in his surgery and has nothing to do with the accident? Just a thought.

njhguitar

freespeech said:
Horse feathers! If you need the repair you need it which is not at all uncommon even without an additional incident to that area. All this month to month crap is just that. I'd get a Doctor and have this taken care of NOW as additonal time can do you further harm.

Could it be the good doc is afraid if you are opened back up now that the error will be found to be in his surgery and has nothing to do with the accident? Just a thought.
thank you for your reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">