• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is two years too long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzirice

I live in the state of Florida. I am a Network Technician for the local school system. We have a contract with the company that we buy computers from, they will come and unbox and setup the coputers for us. The boss has us to do the unboxing and setting up computers instead of the contractor.
I was unboxing 30 computers and 30 monitors. I hurt my back, shoulder, and neck while doing this task. (August 2003)
One year after the accident they did surgery on my shoulder. It still isn't right. I have been in therapy since the injury. I was just told in therapy they can no longer treat me. I am as good as I can get.
I have constant pain in my back, shoulder and neck. I have numbness across the top of my back. My hands and arms go numb quite often.

I am wondering since it has been over two years from my injury, can I still get a settlement? I had been going to therapy for the past two years.

Please help!!! I am 48 years old, and feel like I am simply falling apart.
I am still working, but can't lift over 30 pounds.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">