• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oil Rig Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawbie

Hi guys, a quick questions here.

If the environmental action group files a lawsuit attempting to prevent my oil company from building an oil rig in the ocean off the CA coast.

1. What sort of remedy will it probably seek?

2. Is this action "at law" or "in equity"?

3. What standard of proff will the plaintiffs need to establish in order to convince the judge to grant their request?

Your helps is highly apprecited.

1. the enviromental group will seek an order from a judge saying that the oil company cannot build oil wells off the coast...who do you think will win...the underfunded enviromental group or the multi-billion dollar oil company...especially when were in an gas crisis right now.
2.at law most likely
3. I dont see what proff there could possibly be.

lawbie

Hopkins306 said:
1. the enviromental group will seek an order from a judge saying that the oil company cannot build oil wells off the coast...who do you think will win...the underfunded enviromental group or the multi-billion dollar oil company...especially when were in an gas crisis right now.
2.at law most likely
3. I dont see what proff there could possibly be.
Thanks, man. I meant proof, wrong typo. I'm sorry! Can you go further?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">