• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aussie88

What is the name of your state? I live in Indiana

I recently quit my job for what I considered verbal abuse.I worked for a trucking company.One of our customers Forman would throw fits and go off the handle whenever he was having a bad day.The day i quit he had called me a dumb (F**ker) and a stupid(*******) and was having one of his fits.
I was as polite as possible. Our safety director told us if we ever got into this situation be polite and the company would back us up. After talking to my boss about it he told me the Forman said he never called me those names. I asked him if he was calling me a liar. His response was He's our customer I have to believe him. So I quit, I feel that I shouldn't have to take this verbal abuse from there customer's or anyone else. My question is do I have the right to collect unemployment benefits?

Thanks for any help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have the right to apply for unemployment benefits. But it is unlikely that you will qualify - in the large majority of cases, when you quit you don't get unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">