• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post-Closing Lender Harassement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CO19

What is the name of your state? Colorado (Lender in FL)

Initiated loan process in 1/05, met all terms of Loan Commitment Letter, and closed on home in mid-July.

We received letter yesterday from lender (Post-Closing Escalation - how signed) requesting a SIGNED copy of 2002 and 2003 tax returns (gave them Taxpayer copies in 1/05 - originals were filed electronically by CPA, thus no signature on our copies), and copy of my ID front/back (didn't request husbands), although provided during closing!! Also requested copy of 2004 Tax Extensions or Returns (am self-employed).

When we initiated loan, we signed forms authorizing them to get our tax records from IRS. We feel we are being harassed, have closed on the home, and met ALL of their terms, submitted all requested docs, etc... prior to closing....

Anyone ever heard of this? Are we REQUIRED to keep submitting docs at their request and/or any repurcussions if we don't?? Thank you very much for any feedback!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CO19 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado (Lender in FL)

Initiated loan process in 1/05, met all terms of Loan Commitment Letter, and closed on home in mid-July.

We received letter yesterday from lender (Post-Closing Escalation - how signed) requesting a SIGNED copy of 2002 and 2003 tax returns (gave them Taxpayer copies in 1/05 - originals were filed electronically by CPA, thus no signature on our copies), and copy of my ID front/back (didn't request husbands), although provided during closing!! Also requested copy of 2004 Tax Extensions or Returns (am self-employed).

When we initiated loan, we signed forms authorizing them to get our tax records from IRS. We feel we are being harassed, have closed on the home, and met ALL of their terms, submitted all requested docs, etc... prior to closing....

Anyone ever heard of this? Are we REQUIRED to keep submitting docs at their request and/or any repurcussions if we don't?? Thank you very much for any feedback!

My response:

What is so damned difficult to understand?

Send them SIGNED copies. Simple. That's what they want, so give it to them!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">