• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title in my name,loan in his.need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spiffymo

What is the name of your state?
Georgia

:confused:
I am recently divorced, I'm trying to sell the house. I'm paying for everything. The title of the house was transfered into my name, but the loan is in his name. I want to move out of state.Can I transfer the title back into his name without his signature? And I legally responsible for the taxes and the payments still even though the loan is not in my name?

Last edited:

Warped

I'm not a lawyer!

What does the divorce decree say about the house?

Was it to be sold and the proceeds split between the two of you?

Was he to take full possession of the house?

Were you?

Who was ordered to pay the mortgage payments?

Are you willing to give him your equity and interest in the home and walk away without a cent?

I'm sure that the lawyers who post here will need more info in order to help you.

BelizeBreeze

Warped said:
I'm sure that the lawyers who post here will need more info in order to help you.
Not really. The Mortgage lender is not a party to the divorce so it's immaterial. However, our little poster better read the mortgage load agreement. That's where the answer will be ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">