• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r3drobin

What is the name of your state? Texas

i live w/my boyfriend (almost a year now) and pay half of his mortgage. my name isnt on the house, or anything else for that matter. i'm just wondering if i should or can have some sort of written agreement that entitles me to anything? say if he sold the house... am i entitled to a percentage maybe? i have mentioned getting a written agreement between us but i dont know where to start or if i'm even right. ??

thx in advance
robin

nextwife

You're LIVING THERE, and utilizing the house, aren't you? Why SHOULDN"T you pay toward the cost of having it available to you? You'd need to pay rent if you weren't living with him, and, this way, you get to enjoy the quality of life of living in a single family residence instead of an apartment rental.

How much of a downpayment did you contribute toward the house purchase? Are you legally obligated to the mortgage lender? If not, you are free to walk with no legal consequences any time you so decide.

HomeGuru

nextwife said:
You're LIVING THERE, and utilizing the house, aren't you? Why SHOULDN"T you pay toward the cost of having it available to you? You'd need to pay rent if you weren't living with him, and, this way, you get to enjoy the quality of life of living in a single family residence instead of an apartment rental.

How much of a downpayment did you contribute toward the house purchase? Are you legally obligated to the mortgage lender? If not, you are free to walk with no legal consequences any time you so decide.

**A: one word sums it up-RENT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">