• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman's Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corpsman

What is the name of your state? California

How can I check to see if the company I work for has worksman compensation and if they don't what is my recourse.

corpsman

Why?

I requested the name of the Insurance Co. and I got a vague answer. I started working for them in Feb. 05 and it's only been the last 4-6 weeks that I am beginning to realize they have a cash flow problem. Another employee asked me the name of the insurance co., I looked on the OSHA Poster that was recently put on the wall and there is no name.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The reason I ask is that there is no data base you can access and no agency you can call that will say, "Oh, yes, your employer has a workers comp policy with XYZ company". Workers comp information does not appear on the OSHA poster but on a separate poster, and from what I see on the state web site that poster is currently under revision by the state. It's quite possible, from what I see there, that your employer is currently transitioning to the revised poster which is why you don't see it at the moment.

The only thing you can do is ask your employer for the information and you have done that.

IF it should happen that you should at some point have a claim AND it then appears that your employer does not have coverage, you will have recourse. But under the circumstances I would not suggest pushing the issue since you actually have no immediate need for the information. Just a suggestion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">