• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sour grapes or buying my silence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brzzy

What is the name of your state?CA
1 -Friday"new girl" comes in to meet with HR. At closing boss says there is going to be a new operations manager position, and encourages anybody bla, bla,bla. Monday I email for HR job description. My boss gives me MY job as the new description, all but a couple things. I interview (for 3 suits my boss included) .
2 -Friday I am told I didn't get the position and I am laid off. "New girl" was there for my job.
This is a big company. 500+ employees just in our branch. I posted the job descriptions at my office for the corporation. I never saw MY JOB there.
This is what makes me suspicious. I had been working there for 11 months as a receptionist. I was given 4 week severance pay.
I am mad I interviewed for a job that someone already had signed papers for.
I was told by a former VP to file an EDD on age discrimination.
Sour grapes or are the Suits trying to buy my silence?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in your post even remotely suggests that anything illegal transpired. Either you've left out major information or you don't have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">