• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery on auto loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbh38

I will try to make this as simple as possible, but...
4 yrs ago my husband and I bought a truck in FL, when the truck was bought, we were told it was a 96, but in fact it was a 95, we had to have a cosigner so we got one, but they put the cosigner as the primary buyer of the loan. We have agued about that for years, finally gave up. When we recently went to trade the truck in, the issue of the years came up because the finance company had it listed as a 96 and not a 95, we could not find our original contract so I had the finance company mail me a copy of theirs so we could see what was on the contract. When we got this copy, we found that the cosigner's and my signature had been forged and my husband's left off completely. They had messed up on taxes and changed the total sell price of the truck and signed our names to the contract. We have settled with the dealership for the inconvience of the contract, but nobody will take this truck on trade in and we don't want to pay for it for two more years. We shouldn't be forced to keep a truck we don't want. The finance company is giving us the run around. All we want is them to take the truck back, we don't want any money back, nothing, just out of the contract and rid of the truck. Can we get out of this contract, I have sent them notorized papers that our names were forged and charges are being pressed against the salesman and the sales manager by the dealership.
HELP!!

ALawyer

The title is not very clear and perhaps this calls for a letter from a lawyer. But don't expect the finance company to let you off the hook if the value of the truck is less than the loan outstanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">