• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasons for not getting job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James Claydon-S

What is the name of your state? England. I know outside the U.S but unfortunatley the Uk seem to have really no legal help advice thats free and easy to get to

Currently i am being technically fired at the end of this month (31st August 2005) due to a change of contracts from one (Tektra) to another (Otley College) After i found out that i definetly havent got the job (was told no) I then pursued to e-mail personnel (Don't know if the U.S. have different names basically personnel usually deal with hiring people and the rest) i was told to wait two weeks until the area manager was back off holiday to get a response. Two weeks later no reply so i emailed her directly alas unfortunatley no response.

My basic question is: Is there any way to actually see why i wasn't employed the only thing that is down is my qualifications at my age (19). But no one else at the same workplace had those qualifications either.

Please help and thank you in advance for any replies you give me. It would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance again

James Claydon-Smith

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is a reason why the top of the site says, US law only. That reason is that US law and UK law are different and no one here knows UK law.

In the US, no, you are not entitled by law to know why you did not get the job. If the employer wishes to tell you, they may, but they have no legal obligation to do so.

No one here has any way of knowing if it is the same in the UK or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">