• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I entitled to retreive my personal belongings after being fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tblegen

What is the name of your state? north carolina

I was fired yesterday from my contract position on Fort Bragg, but am now being told by the contract company that I work for that I am not allowed to go to my office and retrieve all of my personal belongings. the contract company that I work for is Kelly Services and I was contracted out to Womack Army Medical Center. the lady at Kelly svcs. states that she "cannot allow me to go to the office and get my personal belongings" and that she "will go and get them for me and she will call me to tell me when I can pick them up at her office." How can a stranger know what belongs to me and what doesn't and what if she doesn't get everything that belongs to me, how will I get all of my belongings?

I would like to know if this is legal and can she do that? I talked to my ex-onsite supervisor and he stated that he "doesn't have a problem with me getting my personal belongings as long as someone from Kelly Svcs is with me." I explained that to the lady at Kelly svcs and she said she would look into it. She never called me back so I called her back and she said there was no way could allow me to back into that office to get my belongings. I don't want any trouble, I just want my personal belongings. Can you help me please. thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are entitled to get your personal belongings back. But nothing in the law says you have to be allowed to retrieve them personally. As long as you get them back, they can legally require that a representative to retrieve them for you or for the company to mail them to you; you don't have to be permitted direct access.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">