• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get a clear titile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toben4na

What is the name of your state? virginia

i was in a partership with my mother on a house. she died in 99 and everything is left to me. i was trying to sell the house and found out mom had two liens on house..i knew she had filed bankrubcy in early 90's and both of the liens were in with that...what can i do to get these liens off title so i can sell. do i have to pay them even when i got papers that she included them on the bankrubcy? what must i do? i am in bad health and the house is selling at a lost now. I was not able to keep it up. i hate the thought of having to pay them yet maybe i have too. if i do i loose everything. the penalties alone are so very high. Help please

nextwife

Many people who had a debt discharged in a bankruptcy fail to take the NEXT step and go clear the title record.

Anyway, IF you have mom's bk file and a copy of the discharge and list of creditors, most title companies will provide affirmative coverage over the lien if they have evidence the matter was released in bankruptcy, even if the title record doesn't show it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">