• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SHERIFF'S SALE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BROADST25

I live in Phila. Pa. I owned a corporation that is now dissolved. I own another that has been in business for two years. There is a sheriff sale for the dissolved corporation, which was dissolved with no assets. A lawyer left a message at my home that they were going to my other business to conduct the sale. I don't think he is aware that the other business is a different corporation, because the paperwork from the sheriffs department has the dissolved corps name and address. The lawsuit that led to the sheriffs sale is against the dissolved corp. What should I do? Call the lawyer, call the sheriffs department, or just wait till they show up and show them that there is a different ownership?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your best bet....contact the lawyer and explain the mix up. If the lawyer doesn't respond, do you have an attorney? Perhaps just having a corporate law attorney speak on your behalf may help clear up the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">