• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she take previous equity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sethslu

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO

I solely purchased a house and got a really good deal in a hot area for $115,000. 2 years later i put my girlfried on the deed (dumb, i know now) and at that same time, i got it appriased for $200,000. Now it is a year after she was put on the deed and it appraises for $230,000. Is she entiled to half of the equity in the house ($115,000) or just half of the equity since she was on the deed ($30,000). Please help

thanks

HomeGuru

sethslu said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO

I solely purchased a house and got a really good deal in a hot area for $115,000. 2 years later i put my girlfried on the deed (dumb, i know now) and at that same time, i got it appriased for $200,000. Now it is a year after she was put on the deed and it appraises for $230,000. Is she entiled to half of the equity in the house ($115,000) or just half of the equity since she was on the deed ($30,000). Please help

thanks

**A: she gets half of the then current equity period. Did you pay all cash for the house and have no mortgage?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">