• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knightlazer

What is the name of your state?
ohio

hi, i have a question about land contracts
i am a buyer in a land contract,
what happens if the seller dies before all payments are made?
:confused:

also, if the seller dies and the property is inherited by the children of the seller
is my original land contract still valid?

and lastly, can the seller raise the payment amount after the contract has been signed and the payment amount has been agreed upon?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

knightlazer said:
What is the name of your state?
ohio

hi, i have a question about land contracts
i am a buyer in a land contract,
what happens if the seller dies before all payments are made?
:confused:
The contract becomes an asset of the estate
also, if the seller dies and the property is inherited by the children of the seller
is my original land contract still valid?
yes.
and lastly, can the seller raise the payment amount after the contract has been signed and the payment amount has been agreed upon?
Yes, with your approval and an addendum to the original contract.

knightlazer

thanks for the info

:D thank you much for the info
i feel much more secure knowing this :rolleyes:

i was worried because the seller is up there in years and keeps talking about death. :eek:

the last thing i want to worry about is him croking and me not having a home anymore

thanks again
:)

HomeGuru

knightlazer said:
:D thank you much for the info
i feel much more secure knowing this :rolleyes:

i was worried because the seller is up there in years and keeps talking about death. :eek:

the last thing i want to worry about is him croking and me not having a home anymore

thanks again
:)

**A: don't be so secure yet. Is the land contract recorded on title? You live in Ohio, the Seller can't crok as there are no gators there.

bdancer

HomeGuru said:
You live in Ohio, the Seller can't crok as there are no gators there.
Sorry, you are absolutely wrong. I know for a fact there is at least one gator in Ohio. Of course, it's kept in a large acquarium. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">