• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DSanders

What is the name of your state?
California

Company involved is Blizzard Entertainment.
They Have a mmorpg(Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) called World of Warcraft, they have their own EULA which i will try to link in the bottom of this post.

In the contract they state no third party programs are allowed. I dont know if this is the correct terminolgy, and by no means is a direct quote. Alot of people online have been caught using a Bot Program, it simply plays the game for the user while they are free to sit back and watch. It does go against the contract but here lies my question. If a company finds you have broken the contract is it purely up to them when to cancel the contract and stop use of their services?

What they have been doing is catching people using these programs, then a month later, right when their subscription has been renewed they cancel the service and keep the next months payment which has only been active for 1-2 days. Is this legal practice? It seems alot like taking advantage of the consumer.

PS. If the consumer stops using the program after the month they were detected, without being informed of their contract breech only to be Zinged for it the next months when they have corrected their actions.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/

BelizeBreeze

I stopped reading on the second paragraph.

Now, you go back and read this and tell me why you have no case for anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">