• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something funny is going on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Oregon

We purchased our van from a used car lot and have always made our payments. We mailed a check a few days ago to the car lot office. I found out today that the company has cleared out car lot and left a sign in the window saying that they are temporary out of business until they reorganize. with instructions to mail things to a post office box. I suspect maybe they filed a bankruptcy. How can I find out? does anything change in our contract regarding payments on van because since business no longer exists they can we still make our checks out to business name. We do not know who to make the payments to. we do not want to get into trouble or have our van repossessed. Does anyone have any clue what is going on with this business. I have never heard of a business doing this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">