• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick claim deed Maine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trishh902

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maine
In 1994 I purchased land on a lake in Maine by a quick claim deed and at the same time another family member purchased the same (we each have 1/2 interest in the property). I have paid all the taxes and upkeep and also built a camp. The other owner has paid nothing for taxes, upkeep or the building of the camp. She has only been there twice in 11 years and now lives several hundred miles away and has no interest. We have fallen into financial difficulity and may have to sell the camp. We have asked her to contribute to the taxes and she has refused due to her financial situation. If we sell the camp is she entitled to half the profit of the camp or only on the land? Also what is the best way to buy her out?
Thanks,
Trishh

BelizeBreeze

You can refiance and offer her a buyout but since she is having financial difficulties, I doubt she'll settle for less than half.

Your only other option is to file suit for Partition for sale and let a judge decide 'equity interest'.

HomeGuru

trishh902 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maine
In 1994 I purchased land on a lake in Maine by a quick claim deed and at the same time another family member purchased the same (we each have 1/2 interest in the property). I have paid all the taxes and upkeep and also built a camp. The other owner has paid nothing for taxes, upkeep or the building of the camp. She has only been there twice in 11 years and now lives several hundred miles away and has no interest. We have fallen into financial difficulity and may have to sell the camp. We have asked her to contribute to the taxes and she has refused due to her financial situation. If we sell the camp is she entitled to half the profit of the camp or only on the land? Also what is the best way to buy her out?
Thanks,
Trishh

**A: the best way is to make her a huge cash offer she can't refuse.
Or of that don't work, refer to the Godfather techniques.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">