• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased hardwoods- retailer nor manufacturer will stand by product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisadc01

What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA

We bought hardwood not really online- but found them online- we faxed in order etc.. The store is 300 miles from us in Virginia as well. We received hte hardwoods in December 2004. It was installed shortly after but we did not move in to our house until January. We noticed some planks being off color for a while and in May I called the retailer since the product has a 25 year warranty for defects and for hte finish (it is an exotic hardwood- one of hte hrdest hardwoods available). He asked me for pictures and was going to send it tot he manufacturer- I also said hte hardwoods were scratching and denting when it was not supposed to happen - to sum things up- I have contacted both retailer and manufacturer (spoke to president of both places) who keep saying the other is responsible to come and looka t things and fix it.

I have logs of calling them 45 times since May and still nothing. What recourse do we have? it is too late with teh credit card company- BBB is one choice- small claims? any effecitve threat? We spent over 2k to install these hardwoods that frankly look old already- wehave no pets nor kids, and take our shoes off (nott hat this should matter)..
Thank you so much, Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">