• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Santana237

What is the name of your state? Ga
A year ago I entered a relationship with a friend of 15 years, he was not yet divorced but gave me divorce papers to read and keep. I moved and sold my house and got 20,000 from my equity. He was going to help me buy a house because my credit was bad due to divorvce and he is wealthy and I figured he would be able to help me get a mortgage especially with me putting down 20,000 on a 137,000 home.
At the closing I found out my name was not on the deed or mortgage nothing except for the mortgage security deed. I was shocked , he promised to add my name later but never did, also he never got a divorce and after waiting a year I wanted to end the relationship. He lives in Richmond Virginia and I in georgia, I have 4 children he has been paying the mortgage for a year and did not want me to work. We had enough money he said. Now he wants to charge 12000 against my 20,000 that I put down , sell the house at a loss just to get out of the mortgage obligation. I will have nothing. My mom had a free place here for me to live in that is now sold, I am out of my 20,000 he wants to take the van back that he bought me 1 year ago all because I want out of the relationship because he made the descision not to get a DIVORCE.Do I have any rights here at all?

HomeGuru

Santana237 said:
What is the name of your state? Ga
A year ago I entered a relationship with a friend of 15 years, he was not yet divorced but gave me divorce papers to read and keep. I moved and sold my house and got 20,000 from my equity. He was going to help me buy a house because my credit was bad due to divorvce and he is wealthy and I figured he would be able to help me get a mortgage especially with me putting down 20,000 on a 137,000 home.
At the closing I found out my name was not on the deed or mortgage nothing except for the mortgage security deed. I was shocked , he promised to add my name later but never did, also he never got a divorce and after waiting a year I wanted to end the relationship. He lives in Richmond Virginia and I in georgia, I have 4 children he has been paying the mortgage for a year and did not want me to work. We had enough money he said. Now he wants to charge 12000 against my 20,000 that I put down , sell the house at a loss just to get out of the mortgage obligation. I will have nothing. My mom had a free place here for me to live in that is now sold, I am out of my 20,000 he wants to take the van back that he bought me 1 year ago all because I want out of the relationship because he made the descision not to get a DIVORCE.Do I have any rights here at all?

**A: what a mess. You need an attorney like years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">