• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Purchase Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJinVegas

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

I purchased a "New" vehicle in Oct. 2003 in Nevada. I moved to Iowa and recently took this vehicle to the local dealer for Warranty work. They pulled the service history of the vehicle from the Manufactures website by VIN. The local dealer found that I was not the original owner of the vehicle, and the vehicle no longer had the full factory warranty. The factory warranty is cut by 50% for vehicles that are not new. I called the Corp office of the Manufacturer. They too confirmed that is was not a new vehicle I purchased, they said they would contact the selling dealer but also suggusted I contact them as well. I called the Nevada dealer where I purchased the vehicle. Was told that the records shows that the vehicle was sold to a different person, but other person's financing fell through and the vehicle was returned after several days. My contract shows the vehicle was sold as "NEW", but it was a used car. I asked the dealer what they would do regarding selling me a "USED" vehicle as "New". They said they would get back with me, no response as of yet. I not only bought a used car, but also lost the warranty period by 50%. Is there an issue of misrepresentation or something with this transaction?

Thanking you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">