• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Company Wants to Kick My A$$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marriagepact

What is the name of your state? Florida

Im a mortgage broker and I closed a loan a few months ago. On the good faith estimate I did not put a $200 loan origination fee. I just found out that the lender messed up and put the fee in the HUD-1 and the client knows about it. The client wants his money back from whoever he can get it from. The Title company is demanding that I pay the $200 back to them and then they will give it to the borrower. I think the lender and the title company screwed up and showed pay for it. Am I liable because my processor signed off on the good faith estimate? Can I sue the Title company for illegally demanding money from me? Illegal creditor laws?

seniorjudge

...On the good faith estimate I did not put a $200 loan origination fee....

Okay, you got caught committing fraud.

What is your legal question for us?

HomeGuru

Marriagepact said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Im a mortgage broker and I closed a loan a few months ago. On the good faith estimate I did not put a $200 loan origination fee. I just found out that the lender messed up and put the fee in the HUD-1 and the client knows about it. The client wants his money back from whoever he can get it from. The Title company is demanding that I pay the $200 back to them and then they will give it to the borrower. I think the lender and the title company screwed up and showed pay for it. Am I liable because my processor signed off on the good faith estimate? Can I sue the Title company for illegally demanding money from me? Illegal creditor laws?

**A: pay up.

Marriagepact

No you dont get it. I didnt do anything wrong. I didnt put the fee in the loan. The lender messed up on the loan and overpaid me and charged the client to much. If I were to stroke a check for $200 then I would lose a lot of money on the loan because I had to pay taxes on the loan.

seniorjudge

Marriagepact said:
No you dont get it. I didnt do anything wrong. I didnt put the fee in the loan. The lender messed up on the loan and overpaid me and charged the client to much. If I were to stroke a check for $200 then I would lose a lot of money on the loan because I had to pay taxes on the loan.
**A: pay up.

HomeGuru

Marriagepact said:

**A: Geez, now how much would the taxes be on a measly $200 overpayment? Give us a break.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">