• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need to know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ciglry

What is the name of your state? ohio

Almost six months ago, I slipped on some ice on a sidewalk at work and broke my ankle very badly. I had to have surgery to put in a plate and six screws to repair the ankle. My job requires a lot of walking and my ankle still swells and is very painful - daily.

Should I consider suing my work place insurance company to protect myself for the future. Do I need to file an intent to sue by a certain time?

Any suggestions? I'm scared that this injury is going to haunt me forever.

tjr5150

You slipped on some ice at work? Can you sue? Did you file a incident report? did work comp pay to have your foot fixed? You can't sue your employer, that is what workman's comp is there for.. If you did everything by the book and went to the doctors to have your foot fixed, and they are paying for it, then right now the best thing to do is go through the process of theraphy and recovery.. Your doctor will then place you at MMI and then give you an impairament rating.. If you did everything by the book like your supposed to this is what should happen.. Now you can consult an attorney, but that is your choice but I'm sure they will say you can't sue..

jity

ciglry said:
I slipped on some ice on a sidewalk at work and broke my ankle very badly.
Ice is a bad thing – exp. if you get hurt - you might find that the true owner of the sidewalk is not your employer, but then this would be another story and possibly liability of another, in my opinion. Did you see ice on the sidewalk before you slipped?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">