• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract with Executive Placement Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mshel

What is the name of your state?New York

- I visited an employment/executive placement agency and was pressured into paying a fee upfront for services that have not yet been provided. They want to charge a total of $6K and I had to pay 2/3 of the fee according to their policy. The worst part is that I signed a contract with them which outlined the provisions that they guarantee and says that the fee charged is "neither refundable nor subject to adjustment or pro-ration based on the number of meetings or hours spent with the client."

Does this mean I am unable to get my money back? Is there a 3-day grace period to back out of a written contract in NY state? I am having serious regrets about agreeing to sign and pay money upfront obviously. Please help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">