• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

true market value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mook1

What is the name of your state?florida

wasn't sure which forum to put this in
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going through a divorce. No kids, only been married 1 1/2 yrs, sounds easy doesn't it? Well we built a new house and moved in Oct 04. I want to keep the house because it is next to my sister, niece and nephew. She doesn't want the house but doesn't want me to have it either. Says since I want the divorce she is going to make me move away from the kids.
I already got a true market value of the house, so the appraiser called it. He said he would be willing to go to court and prove it is true market value. She says it is worth alot more and getting her own appraisal.
What I need to know is there any law or standard that has to be followed in an appraisal for court if one person wants it. My appraisal guy says it has to be in the same development, 1 mile radius from house, and 5 yrs older or newer for comps. is this true? where can I find it in writing?
She is going to higher scale neighborhoods to get her comps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">