• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal, Email Agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slwnlw

What is the name of your state? Georgia
Buyer is in South Carolina

Person agreed verbally and through email to buy a horse. Sent a deposit on said horse but can't buy the horse due to family situation and wants me to refund deposit in full. I have told potential buyers that the animal was sold in the 3 weeks that this has occurred. I have offered to refund half the deposit which is less than $1000 to settle the matter. Now I am being threatened with lawsuit.

BelizeBreeze

slwnlw said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
Buyer is in South Carolina

Person agreed verbally and through email to buy a horse. Sent a deposit on said horse but can't buy the horse due to family situation and wants me to refund deposit in full. I have told potential buyers that the animal was sold in the 3 weeks that this has occurred. I have offered to refund half the deposit which is less than $1000 to settle the matter. Now I am being threatened with lawsuit.
Offer the buyer ALL of his deposit back except costs for relisting the horse for sale and $100 for your keeping the horse off the market.

otherwise, you'll spend more defending yourself. Especially when you can't show any further damages than this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">