• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is 6 yeras too long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CURIOS2KNOW

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California. My mother provided care to the elderly at their own homes. She was employed by a medical center and injured her back while lifting a patient into her bed. This occurred April of 98. She was not able to return to work and in the beginning of 99 she contacted a lawyer to file a claim. It has been 6 years + since the lawyer initiated action. Should I consider looking for another lawyer? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CURIOS2KNOW said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California. My mother provided care to the elderly at their own homes. She was employed by a medical center and injured her back while lifting a patient into her bed. This occurred April of 98. She was not able to return to work and in the beginning of 99 she contacted a lawyer to file a claim. It has been 6 years + since the lawyer initiated action. Should I consider looking for another lawyer? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

My response:

Something tells me your mother isn't being represented any longer. If it's been 6 years, this matter should have ended a long, long time ago.

When was the last time Mom talked with the attorney?

IAAL

CURIOS2KNOW

My mother has been hounding her lawyer and he replies that a settlement is just around the corner. He's been saying that for the past few years. Should she look for another lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">