• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a legal matter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samarast

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I applied for a job at a state college and although I met all the requirements for the position, I wasn't even selected for an interview. I feel I am being discriminated against on the basis of national origin. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Yes, learn to spell. If you submitted your resume like you did this post it's no wonder they didn't waste their time with you. :rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We are currently in a job market where for every job opening, there can be anywhere between fifty and three hundred responses, and I am not exaggerating even a little.

Out of that field, the likelihood is that there will be considerably more than one qualified applicant for the job. It would be surprising if a recruiter or hiring manager had the time and/or the resources to interview every single candidate who qualified.

What EVIDENCE do you have that your national origin has anything to do with it? And if all they have is your resume, how do they know what your national origin is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">