• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back injury /surgery, don't understand process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigcntryboy

What is the name of your state?
North Carolina
I am 37 years old and have worked for my current employer for 19 years.
Had an back injury, company filed claim, seen doctor. Had mri ,Buldging disk
He tried 3 epiderial injections, weeks of therapy, steriods, etc.
Had some relief, doc gave me 5 percent disablity rating, w/c wanted me to take a small amount of money and sign papers, I told them I was still hurting.
I told them that I didn't want any money or sign any papers . w/c said I had to. I just want to get better and continue to work. After some discussion and the pain in my leg getting worse they sent me to a surgen. I had second mri , ruptured disk now. I had surgery , and have been at home for about 2 weeks recovering. So far I feel good,just sore, have follow up with surgen in 2 weeks.
My employer is on my side , but I don't trust w/c, when I return to work.
What will happen with w/c now, will they try to get me to settle again?
Will I be covered if i have any problems in the future , if i sign anything?
thank you for your time

Last edited:

NoSnow

Back injury

You really should find yourself a workers' compensation attorney. You don't pay for him, workers' comp pays for him. However, either way, never, never, never, sign off on the medical portion of your workers' comp case. You can still take a partial "settlement." Just don't sign off on the medical because you might need to come back to it down the road.

tjr5150

Wether you get a regular attorney or a workman's comp attorney you still pay for them.. I comes outta your cash award(settlement offer)..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">