• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership will not deliver title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jandrew101

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I bought a car from a small dealership. I paid the full amount with a cashiers check. It has been a month and the dealership has yet to produce a title for me. They have offered to rewrite the bill of sale and give me a new temp tag. This is fine, but I want the title now, so there will be no chance anyone could take the truck from me. What are my options to help speed up this process.

Also, in worst case, would it be possible to get my money back based on a breach of contract.

Thanks

Jeff

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jandrew101 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I bought a car from a small dealership. I paid the full amount with a cashiers check. It has been a month and the dealership has yet to produce a title for me. They have offered to rewrite the bill of sale and give me a new temp tag. This is fine, but I want the title now, so there will be no chance anyone could take the truck from me. What are my options to help speed up this process.

Also, in worst case, would it be possible to get my money back based on a breach of contract.

Thanks

Jeff

My response:

Don't you just hate living in a trailer trash State? This type of stuff happens when you buy a car from a place that uses a trailer for their office.

IAAL

1sweetheart

Goodness, I do believe that IAAL has some serious issues... maybe his panties got all tied up in knots that day too. Seems to be a typical remark from one of those California Surfer Dudes! :D :p

If you have a bill of sale then you might try calling the Revenue Office and see what they can tell you. Otherwise, you might call either a local or state police department and see if they can tell you where to go for help. I don't think I would allow them to give a new bill of sale and temp tag if I were you... But you should get it figured out as quick as you can though. If none of those places can actually do anything for you, maybe they can at least direct you to another office that Can help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">