• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice! Possible to get my money back for tint job? Breach of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greendestiny

What is the name of your state? california, los angeles

So today, labor day I go into a shop to get tint installed. It was 2:00PM at the time approx. I signed the work invoice, i paid the guy. Then the salesguy told me they "called" someone to come in to do the job. Apparently, they don't do it themselves. Well by 3:30PM, the guy never shows up... and then they told me to come back tomorrow.

The invoice/contract says "All sales final * no refunds" and "special orders are not refundable, no exception"....so thats my problem, I signed it......

however, i did not the "job" i paid for DONE on this day....therefore, could it be considered a "breach of contract" in a court of law? i just wanted my money back but they REFUSED to give it back to me. they CHARGED it debit...and bank can't do nothing... they apparently said they "already" paid the guy the money to show up to do it and he offers no refund... so my stance was, the guy didn't EVEN show up...so how can he CHARGE YOU for something he DIDN"T show UP to do?? he breached YOUR end and you've BREACHED my end of the contract isn't it????

so the guy attempted to give me a refund but told me to come back tomorrow to talk to his boss...but i dunt think he'll give it to me either..either way, he re-signed on the invoice/contract: "Did not complete...want refund... (sign)xxxx" ..... but truthfully they DIDN"T even START the job of tinting!!

anyways, if i can get some legal advice about this that'd be great...i'm really stressing over this...tomorrow i'm "supposed" to go back and "get my money back" but i really doubt it......they'll prolly pressure me into something else......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">