• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work/car accident injury overlap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahina

What is the name of your state? hawaii

i was involved in a work accident in may 2005, i slipped on water and broke my fall with my left hand. since then i have had on going pain. ive been through therapy but still have sharp pains during use of my left hand. nothing was broken or fractured yet nothing seems to be working with healing. a month after my work injury in june, i was rear ended, resulting in a head injury, neck and back sprain which is still on going to this date. i have gotten a lawyer for the car accident but no one seems to want to take the workers comp case. i am more concerned about getting back to work. i am receiving workers comp wages but they are barely enough to live off of, yet my doctor will not release me for work since im a waitress and most of that work involves carrying things and lifting X amount of lbs. which i am unable to do between my wrist and back injury. my question is that if i find a job in the limits that my doctor restricts. like a receptionist job, will my workers comp wages be cut because i have found a different job even though my injuries from work are still limiting me to go back to the job where the injury occured? :confused:

BlondiePB

my question is that if i find a job in the limits that my doctor restricts. like a receptionist job, will my workers comp wages be cut because i have found a different job even though my injuries from work are still limiting me to go back to the job where the injury occured?
Yes.......

mahina

response

and if i still suffer from wrist pains and emotional stress due to the accident can i sue? do i even have a case that is worth suing?

BlondiePB

mahina said:
and if i still suffer from wrist pains and emotional stress due to the accident can i sue? do i even have a case that is worth suing?
You stated that the wrist injury was the w/c injury. That injury is under your w/c claim. You cannot sue your employer for pain & suffering and emotional distress.

Your injuries for the car accident (neck, head & back) are the personal injury lawsuit with which you stated you had a lawyer who needs to handle that matter and any lawsuit.

mahina

so because the injury that occured at work is still not healed yet and is causing me to stop everything im doing in my life it cant do anything about it?

BlondiePB

mahina said:
so because the injury that occured at work is still not healed yet and is causing me to stop everything im doing in my life it cant do anything about it?
Since you do not have a w/c attorney for the work injury, what has your w/c case manager said about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">