• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removed my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluejeans1

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania- I am sole owner of a retail store. I had two bank accounts for the store in which deposits went in from customers checks,cash and credit cards. My husband managed the store for me and his name was on the account just for signing checks for business purposes only. We separated early in the year and he continued to manage the store as i have another job. I found out he took my name off the business accounts and put them in his name only. He told the bank he took over the business. The business is still being run in my name and using my social security number. can i do anything to the bank for letting him do this? How is he getting away with it? A judge ordered him to reinstate the accounts but he has yet to do so. I am taking my legal papers to the bank to show ownership but do i have a legal position with the banks mistake?

seniorjudge

Q: can i do anything to the bank for letting him do this?

A: No; you said that was okay when you made it a joint account.

Q: A judge ordered him to reinstate the accounts but he has yet to do so.

A: I am assuming this happened in the divorce lawsuit. If the skunk has not complied with the judge's order, then have your lawyer file a contempt motion against your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">