• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do Companies LIE and get away with it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgalmo

I live in TEXAS.

I have read this whole forum and found so many instances just like mine.

With this problem running so rampant why haven't we put a stop to it yet?

I have T-Mobile. I completed my contract 3 years ago and have been month to month ever since.

In June of this year, I decided I wanted more minutes. I called T-Mobile and asked to increase my monthly minutes. He offered me a promotion only available to new customers and a new phone at a reduced price, BUT I SAID NO to the offer because it required a 1 year contract.

I told T-Mobile that I will not enter into another contract because I like the freedom of being able to leave at any time. After T-Mobile read the computer generated persuasion tactics we agreed that I would take a non-promotional package in which I DID NOT ENTER INTO A NEW CONTRACT.

But as most of you know a majority of these Cellular companies and their representatives that we work with directly ARE LIARS AND CHEATS.

3 months later, I want to change my plan with T-Mobile from a monthly package to prepaid minutes. Guess what T-Mobile says, yep you guessed it, I am currently in a 12 month contract, in which went into effect when I increased my monthly minutes.

I asked them to send me the contract in which I signed. They said it was a verbal agreement.

I told them that they either made a mistake or they are straight out lying because my conversation with T-Mobile while I was increasing my plan CENTERED AROUND THERE BEING ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRACT.

Because we hear that phrase "these calls are recorded for quality assurance" whenever we talk with T-Mobile, I told T-Mobile to check the conversation in order to prove that I did not enter into this 'verbal agreement'. T-Mobile told me that they do not need to do that because it says in their computer system that I did make the verbal agreement.

I then told T-Mobile that their computer system is not GOD and does not rule the world. I told T-Mobile to send me a copy of the verbal agreement and concurrent conversation in either its audio format or transcribed to paper so that I will remember making this mysterious verbal agreement and leave them alone. T-Mobile said that they do not keep the recording and can not produce any evidence to support their claim, except for the fact that their computer is GOD, OMNIPOTENT and CONDEMNS ME TO DEATH BY VERBAL AGREEMENT CONTRACT.

I have not cancelled my service yet because I want to fix this first. I refuse to just pay the fee and forget about it because I will not enrich a LYING AND CHEATING business. Should I pay the cancellation fee and then try to recover it in small claims court? Or should I fight it at the collections stage?

When is someone going to stand up and STOP THIS FRAUDULENT PRACTICE of RIPPING OFF CONSUMERS?

What is different from my situtaion and T-Mobile just extending a contract, using the verbal agreement excuse, when the consumer never even calls or comunicates with T-Mobile?

Why don't I send my classmates at South Texas to collections for $100 each, telling them all that we had a verbal agreement that they would pay me $100 for my help with their studies. Knowing how people with money don't want the headache, I'd probably make some serious cash.

Anyone want to comment? T-Mobile, would you like to comment? Do you think T-Mobile's computer system will end our world by fire in our life time?

I can't help you with the legalities of your particular situation, but I can direct you to a website that will act as a forum for your venting. Heck, you may even get an answer from T-Mobile.

Go and check out www.planetfeedback.com.

Good luck with the legal issue. There is some good help here.

dgalmo

I cant beleive that with all the people out there who have had the same problem that I have that there is not one peice of advice to help us.

I am turning this over to Trouble Shooter Tom

HomeGuru

dgalmo said:
I cant beleive that with all the people out there who have had the same problem that I have that there is not one peice of advice to help us.

I am turning this over to Trouble Shooter Tom

**A: you are not using this webite as it was intended. Stop it or call home on your crappy phone..

dgalmo

Im sorry, I didn't mean that no one from this site would give me some advice.

I meant that out of all the cases similiar to this that I have read all over the internet, there isn't a good piece of advice answered to their problems.

dgalmo

I filled a complaint online with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC. I will let you guys know what happens as soon as something happens.

I used to work for t-mobile

I used to work for T-Mobile in customer service. you can sue them in small claims court but you will lose. there is no way for you to win in court. if the customer service rep you spoke to put it in the notes that you agreed to a contact then it it your word against theirs and the court will tend to side with them. and if you cancel before the contract is used they will send it to a collection agency and it will affect your credit rating. there is no way for you to win with this company. and as for the recordings of the call not every call is recorded that comes in just a few calls are recorded for quality which means that when us reps were on the phone someone could be listening in so see if we were behaving ourselves. your best best for a resolution is to write a letter to their head office in washington state. the cards at this point are stacked against you as you have no proof that you did not agree to a new contact. sorry to say they are holding all the cards. the only way to get out of a contract without the termination fee is to die, move to an area where there do not have service, or to be deployed in the military.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">