• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of vacation time for workman's comp injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azpt44

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was injured at work. I was driving a golf cart to drive a handicapped citizen to the parking lot. The brakes failed, causing the cart to crash to a stop against a bike rack. The steering wheel stopped on my hand, causing an injury to my thumb and wrist. I’ve gone to a doctor and am currently being treated for the injury. Workman’s comp is taking care of the medical expenses. My question : I had around 42 hours of general leave accrued and my employer said I must use the leave for any doctor appointments and hand therapy appointments due to this injury. Is this common in Arizona? I don’t understand why I must use my general leave when the injury was caused by faulty equipment. General leave is considered vacation/sick time. I have talked to the Human Resources Manager and she said this is how it is always handled. Thanks for any insight you have for me.

jity

If you seek treatment on your own time then you do NOT need to use vacation time, Are you on light/restricted duty? Are you working? Are you receiving FULL pay?

Who owns the golf cart and responsible for the care of same? You might have another claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">