• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be sued if I cannot afford to pay or is there any way I can break my contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garretsmom3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I recently had a home demonstration on a water sofener system. I agreed to buy but changed my mind the next day. (Paperwork says you have 3 days to cancel) I called to cancel and told them I could not afford it. In just a few hours the girl who did the demonstration the night before showed up, offered a new payment plan and again I agreed because I felt pressured and didn't want to disappoint her. It has now been a little over a month and there have been several discrepancies. First, it did not live up to my expectations. (I am not satsified with the product) The payment they first quoted is not right. My actual payment is higher. The interest rate they told me is not what it actually is. The truth is, I cannot make the payments on this system and just want to give it back. Can I get out of the contract and is there any type of money back guarantee given it does not meet my expectations. What can they do if I simply cannot afford to make the payments?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">