• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyon

What is the name of your state? Kyon, MI

does anyone know what company gonna do for background check? I don't have any criminal case in MI but 7yrs ago I was in CA, me and my husband was get into a fight for little thing and he called police on me.my husband doesn' t show up to the court and case was dismissed.but the court still have my case#.my job interview were going very well and company doesn't say anything about background check but I want to make sure.please reply!

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't have the faintest idea whether the company is going to run a background check and if so, what information they are going to look for. No one knows that except the company itself.

kyon

The company I got job offered requireing driving(I need to bring guest to and from airport maybe once a few month).and I gave them my MI issued drivers lisence number.I don't have any record for my driving, it is just a matter what I did in CA 6yrs ago. Does anybody have an idea company go back to out of state and check my criminal convicton or it is just for driving record?

Beth3

Does anybody have an idea company go back to out of state and check my criminal convicton or it is just for driving record? Nobody here would have a clue what this company's pre-hire screening processes are.

mycarlb

I can only say from personal experience that I went to apply for a job with ADT home security and they did a full back ground check, from criminal thru financial... I recieved a copy of it, and it went back to my only criminal history when I was 18 and wrote a bad check to a grocery store... I got an ACD on the case, but it showed up.

You need to simply be honest with your potential employer and tell them about your history... if you lied on the application and they find out, they can fire you as soon as the report comes back... just be truthful and you will have nothing to worry about!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">