• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midabela

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Australia

We recently entered into a verbal contract with a woman who I thought worked for an event management company to arrange and co-ordinate everything to do with our upcoming wedding reception. At the time of making the arrangements with her, I was of the mistaken belief that she still worked for this particuar company.

Since making the agreement, I have since discovered that not only does she no longer work for the company but that the entertainment that she arranged was not what she said it would be. We were told that the entertainment would be a professional band however we have since found out that it is in fact her brother who does not have the relevant experience.

We would like to cancel our arrangements with her however she is threatening to take legal action against us if we do.

We are not sure where we stand so if anyone can help us out ... that would be great.

Thanks.

midabela

Yeah. Thanks for your help. Do you think perhaps you could have delivered the same message without the insult? How awful it is when a person is genuinely seeking assistance and they come across idiots like you !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">