• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a limit for job suspension?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Two weeks ago I was placed on unpaid suspension for what the company called "suspicious behavior." I was not doing anything illegal or that should warrant getting fired, but the company is allowed to fire employees at will. I was told I would be called regarding the status of my job, but to date I have received no call and no letter. My benefits are still in tact, however. I am in a union. Is there a limit to how long a company can keep you in limbo? What should I do from here?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is there a limit to how long a company can keep you in limbo?

No, there is not. They can leave you on suspension indefinitely.

What should I do from here?

Cooperate fully with any investigation; answer truthfully and politely any questions put to you; if you have heard nothing in another week or so, call them up and POLITELY ask about your current status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">