• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car After 2 weeks dealer wants it back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdarling05

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? IL

I just moved to Chicago from the suburban area and I got a car loan on an internet pop up. After going to the dealership and spending numerous hours, the dealer says that I am financed with a specified company. I spend $300 on full coverage insurance with Insure One.

I switched jobs (more income) within days of getting the car and the dealership tells me because I switched jobs, I have no stability after being with my former company for 4 years and I must give them the car back after having the car for two weeks. I stated that I have not defaulted on the loan agreement and I wish that I could get the opportunity to pay for the car.

I was told that I need to bring it back ASAP or they will come and get it!

Do they have the right to ask for it back after I have had it this long? :confused: Can I get my money back for the full coverage insurance that I paid? :confused:
Do I have any right in this matter? :confused:

matti422

Something seems fishy

Something seems wrong here. How did a loan company even find out you switched jobs? Were you fully approved for the loan when you got the car, or was it dealer financing which wasn't yet final? Yes, dealers will let you drive off the lot even though the financing is not final.

There's some part of this story which is missing. If you received the loan, are paying it back fully and on time and they are still trying to reposess the car, then something is off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">