• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: Corp Officer to Resign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1talk

If the President is on the Board of Directors and the Bi-Laws state how an officer can resign, I understand both of these. However there are no Bi-Laws written or ever were written. There are no Board of Directors stated or elected. The only 2 people are the President and (myself) Secretary that have run this Corp. When the Corp was formed Board of Directors were never stated, nor identified as Secretary/myself or the President as such. Could this Corp that was set up by the President be created incorrectly, or as Pres and Sec, we would be considered the Board of Directors by default? If so that we are considered Board of Directors, do I need to have the authorization of the President to resign? The reason I ask this is because he is encarcerated (serving time in jail)and I have found out that he has alot of legal baggage that I do not want to get involved with. HELP!!!!!.....and thank you for your last response!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">