• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dealership took my deposit and backed out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tineywalla

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was looking for a new vehicle and received an email for a dealership that had the exact vehicle I wanted. I went to the dealership and made a $500.00 deposit on my credit card to sercure the vehicle. I signed a very vague print out of what the vehicle would cost to say that I would purchase the vehicle. Less than 1 hour later the salesman called me to tell me he could not secure the vehicle that I signed for and tried to sell me a different vehicle that I did not want. I told him I was going to look around and he put a sold sign on that vehicle for me and told me to pick it up 2 days later. I found the exact vehicle at a different dealership 10 miles away and purchased that vehicle. That was the day aftrer my visit. Right away I called the first salesman and told him I will not purchase from him and sent a email to refund my money. They will not refund the money stating that I backed out of the deal. They backed out because they took a downpayment for a vehicle that they did not secure. Am I entitled to my refund? What can I do to get the money back? I am in the process of challanging with my credit card company but the GM from the dealership already said that they will not refund the money.
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">