• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pompom

What is the name of your state?ga, I was accused of signing someone in for work who was not there, the person that did do it admitted to other people at the job that the supervisor had him do it and he put his initials beside the name also, the company still terminated me, do i have grounds to sue the company for wrongful termination. They called me on the phone and told me that i was terminated, they did not give me a reason why. Also the person that they signed in never knew that someone signed her in until she was called in to talk to the boss, she did not know that her supervisor had her signed in, so she told them that she signed the paper so that know one would get in trouble, and they knew she did not sign the paper, because the supervisor had wrote a statement saying that he had signed her in on the day that she was not there, because he owed her aday, she was terminated anyway, did they have grounds to terminate her when they knew that she had nothing to do with it?

pattytx

Do a search in the forum for "wrongful termination". What you have may be unfair, but it doesn't even come close to wrongful termination. Neither does your coworker.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you did not do. It means that you were fired for a reason that violates the law. In this case, no law says that you cannot be fired because the employer believes you did something wrong, even though they may be mistaken. Therefore, you do not have a wrongful termination case.

Except in Montana (and sometimes not even then) or if you have a bona fide contract that says otherwise, your employer does not need grounds to fire you. In an at-will state, you can quit at any time and for any reason, and your employer can fire you at any time and for any reason that does not violate the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">