• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which way do you go?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trashed

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I was just recently discharged for a false positive drug screen and I do mean false positive and I believe I can prove it.
I have had two on the job injuries in the past 3 years which required me to have surgery in both cases and I was given a disability rating in both cases.
My last surgery was in April 2005 and I was out of work recovering the whole month of May and returned to work June 1 2005.I found out from 3 other employees that a raise had been given just before I returned and I wasnt given the raise.Well to me that sounds like disability discrimination to me.
On June 27 my employer told me to go take a drug test and I told him no that I couldnt because of the medication I was taken and I signed a statement saying so.Not only was I taking a very strong narcotic for pain,I was taking many,many others for alergies and my employer even knew I was taking them because I carried some to work and I give some to one of the office personel to keep for me if I needed them and she put them in a envelope and sealed it for me.
I took the test on June 27 and the MRO called me on June 30 and asked me if I was taking medication and I said yes and I give him a couple of prescription medications that I was taking that I thought would show up in the test.He told me that methamphetamine was found and I told him that I didnt do methampetamines. So I requested the second specimen to be sent to another lab for confirmation.
On July 1 2005 I was given a discharged paper for positive random drug test and I wasnt notified of the second result until July 6 2005.
I was set up some how and I need some legal advise please.

Also they just recently found out that I hired a attorney to handle my disability rating the doctor give me.
I have talked to my attorney about this but he dont handle employment laws but he did say that I should speak to one.

I really would like some professional advise please because Im a single parent that cant even draw unemployment because of this and Im not guilty of anything.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">