• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mshfarb

I'm looking for direction on this matter. I live in PA and a few yrs ago I had a transmission replaced on my Tracker. I only had the car 1 year at the time when the transmission went out t about 48,000 miles. I had the work done at the dealership where I bought the car. They are located in Maryland. After I picked up the car, and while I was going over the all the paperwork they had given me detailing the repairs, I noticed they had put a insert in my manual. This was a revised procedure detailing things not to do when towing with the vehicle. If these measures were ignored - it might cause damage to the transmission. I was appalled! I wasn't given this when I bought the Tracker, I wasn't sent this revision in the mail, and I wasn't contacted by GM that there was an update to the towing procedure. I called the service department and they couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it. I stopped payment on the check I had wrote, and told them that something needed to be done about this before I would make good on the payment. They wouldn't budge, and I even call GM, and they wouldn't do anything either. Over the next few years, I received a few collection notices, and some phone calls, but they were never willing to do anything, so I wasn't going to either because I felt it was my only protection. The other day I received a letter in the mail, and a message on my voice mail stating that if I didn't pay up, they would recommend criminal prosecution against me for theft by deception. This was coming from the fraud division from check and merchant services. CAN THEY DO THIS? ISN'T THIS HARRASSMENT? WHAT CAN, AND SHOULD I DO? Can you please advise me. Thank you in advance.

Mike

BelizeBreeze

mshfarb said:
I'm looking for direction on this matter. I live in PA and a few yrs ago I had a transmission replaced on my Tracker. I only had the car 1 year at the time when the transmission went out t about 48,000 miles. I had the work done at the dealership where I bought the car. They are located in Maryland. After I picked up the car, and while I was going over the all the paperwork they had given me detailing the repairs, I noticed they had put a insert in my manual. This was a revised procedure detailing things not to do when towing with the vehicle. If these measures were ignored - it might cause damage to the transmission. I was appalled! I wasn't given this when I bought the Tracker, I wasn't sent this revision in the mail, and I wasn't contacted by GM that there was an update to the towing procedure. I called the service department and they couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it. I stopped payment on the check I had wrote, and told them that something needed to be done about this before I would make good on the payment. They wouldn't budge, and I even call GM, and they wouldn't do anything either. Over the next few years, I received a few collection notices, and some phone calls, but they were never willing to do anything, so I wasn't going to either because I felt it was my only protection. The other day I received a letter in the mail, and a message on my voice mail stating that if I didn't pay up, they would recommend criminal prosecution against me for theft by deception. This was coming from the fraud division from check and merchant services. CAN THEY DO THIS? ISN'T THIS HARRASSMENT? WHAT CAN, AND SHOULD I DO? Can you please advise me. Thank you in advance.

Mike
They can and they should. If you want this 'harrassment' to stop, pay the bill.

BelizeBreeze

I stopped payment on the check I had wrote, and told them that something needed to be done about this before I would make good on the payment.
That's all the company needs to file charges of fraud against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">