• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Importing from Asia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamellope

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

A friend of mine in the Philippines makes jewelry made with Swarovski crystals on 10k gold chains (bracelets and necklaces). I am hoping to buy her jewelry and sell it here in Ohio. Do I need a business license to buy and sell her creations? I don't even know how to ship the merchandise here, I'm assuming there are certain US Customs issues I have to deal with. I have no previous business experience, just a great idea that hopefully would turn into a profitable endeavor. Any insights will be gratefully appreciated.

racer72

You don't have a legal question, you have a business question. Check to see if there is a trade school or community college that offers a course on small businesses. A course such as this will cover import/export issues and federal/local tax laws. A small investment in education can pay big rewards in the future.

HomeGuru

pamellope said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

A friend of mine in the Philippines makes jewelry made with Swarovski crystals on 10k gold chains (bracelets and necklaces). I am hoping to buy her jewelry and sell it here in Ohio. Do I need a business license to buy and sell her creations? I don't even know how to ship the merchandise here, I'm assuming there are certain US Customs issues I have to deal with. I have no previous business experience, just a great idea that hopefully would turn into a profitable endeavor. Any insights will be gratefully appreciated.

**A: please do your homework and research. This is a legal advice website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">