• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability and rental income question....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bowdoctor

MICHIGAN

I will be starting to apply for Social Security Disability soon. I live with a friend so they can help me out, and I have a rental with a income of $800.00 a month.

Will Social Security force me to sell my rental, or can I keep the $800.00 a month income to help pay off my huge debits. And still receive the full SSD payment?

Any thoughts would help.

somarco

SSDI qualifying is independent of any outside income or assets. Either you qualify or you dont.

Keep in mind most SSDI claims are not approved until about 18 months after you file.

Bowdoctor

SO do I understand that no matter how much my rent income is I can still receive payments of Disability? IF I am qualified for it?

somarco

SSDI looks at your health and determines if you are able (or not) to work for wages.

In order to be considered, you must be totally and permanently disabled, unable to work in any occupation for which you are, or could be trained. The disability must be expected to last at least 2 years or end in death.

Bowdoctor

Kool.........

I have severe Spondylotic degenerative disk dessication at about 2/3 of my spine, with stenosis.

Well not Kool about my spine and I lost some use of my left arm and leg..... :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">