• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could someone tell me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bizrob2017

I own two (2) small businesses in Illinois, and I have a question regarding the dissolution of one of them. I'm seriously considering disolving a company that really isn't generating acceptable profit, yet, for the last 20+ years, I've had health insurance for all my employees and family members through this corporation.

My question is, if I disolve this company, can I transfer the health coverage I have through it, over to the more profitable company I own? If I'm able to do this, the company I'd like the health insurance to transfer to has different employees working for it. Now, if some of those employees are part-time, I don't have to insure them if they're working less than 30 hrs, right? Also, do I have to provide coverage to those that are full-time status, or not?

I'd appreciate any help in this matter I can get!

Thank you in advance-

bizrob2017

pojo2

Why not ask the Insurance Company as they have all the facts with which to properly respond to your query?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">